Bolloré Group's CSR strategy
This CSR approach is based, in the 155 countries where the Group operates, on four strategic drivers and on commitments broken down at an operational level:
•sharing the same business ethics
– respecting the “Ethics and Values” Charterand the codes of conduct,
– deploying the ethics approach within the Group;
•committing to and for employees
– ensuring safety and looking after the health of all employees,
– anticipating changes in jobs, developing skills and promoting local talents,
– supporting organizational changes and encouraging mobility within the Group,
– integrating diversity of all forms and guaranteeing equal opportunities throughout employees’ careers,
– encouraging dialog with the workforce;employee involvement and commitment;
•producing and innovating sustainably
– reducing the environmental impact of its activities,
– innovating to anticipate new environmental requirements;
•taking action for local development
– strengthening the local presence of the Group’s activities,
– promoting the social commitment of employees,
– establishing a relationship built on trust with stakeholders.
Presentation of Global Compact and 10 principles
The Bolloré Group has adhered to the Global Compact since 2003, and each year publishes a “best practice” on the dedicated Internet site.
The Secretary-General Kofi Annan urged business July 26, 2000 to support and enact within their sphere of influence 10 fundamental principles in the areas of human, environmental standards and the fight against corruption. These principles are:
- Promote and respect the human rights,
- Do not be complicit in human rights abuses
- Respect freedom of association and the effective recogntion of the right to collective bargaining,
- Eliminate all forms or foreced or compulsory,
- Abolish child labor,
- Eliminate discrimination in emplyment and occupation.
- Apply the precautionary approach to environmental challenges,
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility,
- Promote the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Taking action against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribes.